Click image to view full screen
(1 of 2)
Note: Before beginning this dissection exercise, place the cadaver in the lithotomy position.
Identify the boundaries of the diamond-shaped perineum :
- The anterior border is the inferior margin of the pubic symphysis.
- The posterior boundary is the coccyx.
- The perineum is bounded laterally by the two ischial tuberosities.
- The posterolateral border of the perineum is formed by the sacrotuberous ligaments, which are covered by the gluteus maximus muscles.
- Anterolaterally, the borders are the ischiopubic rami.
Links and References:
Netter (1ed.): 354 (2ed.): 350