Click image to view individual frames
(1 of 2)
Note: Before beginning this part of dissection exercise, place the cadaver in the lithotomy position.
Identify the boundaries of the diamond-shaped perineum :
- Anterior border is the inferior margin of the pubic symphysis.
- Posterior boundary is the coccyx
- Laterally, the perineum is bounded by the two ischial tuberosities
- Posterolateral border of the perineum is formed by the sacrotuberous ligaments, which are covered by the gluteus maximus muscle.
- Anterolaterally, the diamond-shaped region is completed by the ischiopubic rami.
Links and References: